Schloss-Straße 5, 56338 Braubach
The Renaissance garden of Philipsburg Castle is located in the freely accessible inner courtyard at Schloss-Straße 5. The garden was reconstructed according to historically preserved plans by Wilhelm Dilich from 1607 and is one of the oldest castle gardens in Rhineland-Palatinate. Six square beds divide the area of about 500 square meters. They are planted with perennials common in the Renaissance period and bordered by a box hedge. Narrow ornamental paths made of white gravel lead through the garden. The equipment includes two fountains. The Renaissance Garden is a World Heritage Garden and is included in the route of World Heritage Gardens in the Upper Middle Rhine Valley.